Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Meet our Driver Daryl…

If you have been following our blog you will know that our journey has been full of snow and plan B’s. One thing that has been the same throughout the entire trip is our chipper driver, Daryl. He is always there to give us a smile, tell us stories and get us out trouble when it comes to lots of snow and the a big bus in the mountains of NZ.

Though Daryl is a man of few words, I was lucky enough to sit behind him on the bus… So, I learned a bit more about him. Here’s a fun random fact: He grew up with a few pets, a dog, a goat, and a some sheep. He told me that they all had names except for the sheep. I was a bit puzzled when he told me that because I thought it wasn’t very nice to name all of his other pets and forget the about the sheep. So, I asked why and he said he had 200! That’s a lot of sheep!

So, that’s Daryl in a nut-shell: Chipper, Fun Spirited and Animal Loving.

Cheers,

Ashley Sicard, Florida Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment



Adventure Details

Duration 16 days
Destinations South Island, NZ
Sydney
Great Barrier Reef
Focus Ecology/Conservation
Coral, Coastal, and Alpine Ecosystems
Culture